InPadel Premier Padel League 2018
The first SEASON of the InPadel Premier Padel League (IPPL), will begin from August 2018.
Each league will last a couple of months long, depending on the number of matches to be played.
The League is open for all (both Male and Female) above the age of 12 years.
The Main purpose of the League is to promote Padel as a fun and highly addictive sport among people from all walks of life from business to sports.
Rules and Regulations
THE RULES AND REGULATIONS IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE SPECIFICALLY WRITTEN FOR 2018-19. THEREFORE, IT IS LIABLE TO RE-EVALUATION AND FURTHER IMPROVEMENTS.
- The inaugural season will host 3 divisions :-
a) DIVISION I
b) DIVISION II
c) DIVISION III
- A Division will hold MAXIMUM 8 teams.
- Additional new divisions are established when a number of new teams/ players register for the League.
- All teams/players are divided into the DIVISIONS based on the following criteria:-
a) Number of Tournament appearances.
b) Number of Group Stage wins in a tournament.
c) Number of Semi-Final appearances in a tournament.
d) Number of Final appearances and wins in a tournament.
e) Number of Ranking/Challenger match appearances and wins.
f) FINALLY, also taken into account are the results from the PRE-SEASON QUALIFYING.
|POSITION||DIVISION I||DIVISION II||DIVISION III|
|1||2500 InPadel Credits||1700 InPadel Credits||1400 InPadel Credits|
|2||2300 InPadel Credits||1450 InPadel Credits||1150 InPadel Credits|
|3||1700 InPadel Credits||1300 InPadel Credits||1000 InPadel Credits|
|4||1600 InPadel Credits||1200 InPadel Credits||900 InPadel Credits|
|5||1500 InPadel Credits||1100 InPadel Credits||800 InPadel Credits|
|6||1400 InPadel Credits||1000 InPadel Credits||700 InPadel Credits|
|7||1300 InPadel Credits||900 InPadel Credits||600 InPadel Credits|
|8||1200 InPadel Credits||800 InPadel Credits||500 InPadel Credits|
- InPadel Credits can be used in the InPadel store for PADEL equipment, court bookings, tournament/league fees, coaching, etc.
- The table shows the amount of credits awarded PER TEAM.
- 1 InPadel Credit = 1 Indian rupee
- League Seasons will be conducted on a divisional basis.
- FORMAT: BEST OF 3 SETS, TIE-BREAK AT 6-6.
- Each division will have teams play on a round robin basis.
- Every division will have a points table.
- At the end of a league season, the top two teams in a lower division will be promoted to the next division, if any.
- At the end of a league season, the bottom two teams will be demoted to the lower division, if any.
- Points will be counted player-wise. This prevents jeopardizing a player’s run if the player’s Team-mate withdraws from the season mid-way.
- A player can change partner mid-season ONLY if the partner has officially withdrawn.
- During a SEASON, a player can change partner a MAX of 1 time only. At the end of the SEASON, he/she will be allowed to change again. (EACH SEASON MAY LAST A COUPLE OF MONTHS).
- If a player withdraws from a season mid-way, no additional points are added to his name if his teammate continues the season with another player.
- In case of a withdrawal of a teammate, a player can play in the SAME division with another player who is eligible for the same division or lower.
- If a player finds a partner from any HIGHER division, he is eligible to be promoted to that division but will not be allowed to play the lower division (as mentioned in point 2).
- If both players of a team withdraw, no negative points will be added. But both the players will earn only 25% of the positional points earned. (EXPLAINED IN ‘POINTS’ SECTION)
- Pre-season qualifying will be conducted to decide the teams of a division.
- In some cases, it may be only conducted among the new teams and teams of lower divisions. Decision of league referee is final.
- The format for the same will include either KNOCKOUTS or GROUP STAGES or a mix of BOTH.
- The format will be planned according to number of teams and will be announced few days prior to a season.
- All NEW TEAMS will have to go through Pre-Qualifying in order to establish themselves at a higher division. If a new team fails to show up for Pre-Qualifying, they will be placed on the lowest division for their debut season.
- The fixtures will be provided by the referee. It may include a number of matches to be completed in specified time duration.
- The players are to follow the same sequence of matches given in the fixtures.
- The official match-days will include all Saturdays and Sundays, from 9 AM – 9 PM. All teams must book their matches, as per their fixtures, through a WhatsApp message or inform the referee in advance (more info. to be given prior to each league).
- Matches can also be fixed during weekdays via communication between the teams and the league referee.
- A match that was due on a Sunday can be postponed to any day in the following week (deadline Saturday morning).
- A team can play unlimited number of matches a day, ONLY if their opponents are in agreement. In case of a team disagreeing to play a match on a date earlier to that mentioned in the fixtures, the match is postponed until the deadline for the same.
- In case of confusion to schedule a particular match due to teams being unavailable on the given dates, the decision taken by the league referee will be final. The referee may set a final deadline for that particular match. If neither of the two teams shows up on the given date, the match is called off and no points will be given to the two teams. If one of the two teams shows up, they are given the walkover.
PLEASE NOTE: COMMUNICATION WITH THE LEAGUE REFEREE IS VITAL TO PREVENT ANY MISUNDERSTANDINGS OR CONFUSION RELATED TO SCHEDULING A MATCH. OPINIONS OF BOTH TEAMS WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION BEFORE A FINAL DECISION IS MADE BY THE REFEREE.
WE REQUEST ALL TEAMS/PLAYERS TO FEEL APPROACHABLE TO THE REFEREE AND AT THE SAME TIME ALSO UNDERSTAND THE LIMITATIONS THERE COULD BE IN MAKING A FINAL DECISION.
- EVERY MATCH WON IN STRAIGHT SETS EARNS 3 POINTS ON THE LEADERBOARD.
- EVERY 3-SETTER MATCH, EARNS THE WINNER 2 POINTS and the LOSER 1 POINT.
- At the end of the season, points will be added to the MAIN RANKINGS, based on the player’s final position with HIS/HER team in HIS/HER respective DIVISION.
|POSITION||DIVISION I||DIVISION II||DIVISION III|
- If both players of a team withdraw, no negative points will be added. But both the players will earn only 25% of the positional points earned.
- At the end of a season, the number of sets conceded by each team is recorded and used for scoring NEGATIVE or BONUS points in the next league.
A TEAM/PLAYER THAT DOES NOT CONCEDE A SINGLE SET DURING THE LEAGUE, WILL BE AWARDED +50 BONUS POINTS IN THE MAIN RANKINGS. (validity starts from the 2nd SEASON onwards)
A TEAM/PLAYER CONCEDING ONLY 1-2 SETS, WILL BE AWARDED +25 BONUS POINTS IN THE MAIN RANKINGS. (validity starts from the 2nd SEASON onwards)
A TEAM/PLAYER CONCEDING ONLY 3 SETS, WILL BE AWARDED +15 BONUS POINTS IN THE MAIN RANKINGS. (validity starts from the 2nd SEASON onwards)
A TEAM/PLAYER CONCEDING 2-3 SETS MORE THAN THEIR PREVIOUS SEASON RECORD WILL HAVE A NEAGTIVE SCORE OF -10 POINTS ADDED TO THEIR MAIN RANKING POINTS.
A TEAM/PLAYER CONCEDING 4-5 SETS MORE THAN THEIR PREVIOUS SEASON RECORD, WILL HAVE A NEAGTIVE SCORE OF -12 POINTS ADDED TO THEIR MAIN RANKING POINTS.
A TEAM/PLAYER CONCEDING 6 SETS OR MORE, THAN THEIR PREVIOUS SEASON RECORD, WILL HAVE A NEAGTIVE SCORE OF -20 POINTS ADDED TO THEIR MAIN RANKING POINTS.
How to Register?
Formation of Team
- PADEL is only a DOUBLES sport.
- A player can register individually, in case he does not have a fixed partner. A suitable partner will be found on behalf of the player.
- A player is advised to find a reliable partner who is guaranteed to stay through a league season.
- Once you have registered for a PLAYER MEMBER CARD, You may send your full name to any of the following contacts:
- DIVYANG KUMAR – 9945710765
- INPADEL SPORTS PVT LTD – 7259205546
- REGISTRATION FEES for EACH LEAGUE SEASON:
- 1,000 INR/Per PLAYER
- A player MUST own a ‘PLAYER MEMBER CARD’.
- PLAYER MEMBER CARDS have two types: GOLD CARD & SILVER CARD (To get a PLAYER MEMBER CARD, log on to – https://inpadel.in/membership/ )
- PAYMENT (for both PLAYER MEMBER CARD and LEAGUE SEASON REGISTRATION FEES) MUST be done 7 days PRIOR to the PRE-SEASON QUALIFYING. It can be done by CASH/CARD/PAYTM.
- FULL REFUND will be issued only before 7 DAYS PRIOR TO THE PRE-SEASON QUALIFYING.
- NO REFUND during the 7 DAYS or after the start of the PRE-SEASON QUALIFYING.
Terms and Conditions
- Racquets and balls will be provided at the venue.
- The full entry fee has to be paid 7 days prior to a pre-season qualifying.
- Players can only represent one team and cannot change teams, unless approved by the TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR.
- Entries can be sent via e-mail or phone.
- Payment can be done by CASH/CARD/PAYTM.
- Non-marking sports shoes are mandatory.
- Refreshments will be provided to all participants
- Full refund can be issues only 7 days prior to pre-season qualifying.
- InPadel Sports Pvt Ltd is not responsible for any loss, theft, injury/damage to a player during the league.
- If both teams do not show up for their match deadline, the match is called off and no points are given to either side
- If one of the two teams shows up for their match deadline, the walkover will be given.
- In case of rain or other court related issues, matches will be postponed
- Players must report 15 minutes prior to their match timings.
- Players must give value to all borrowed equipment’s.